During May the contract for the development of the new European project called BioBEC has been signed.
The BioBEC project "Preparing the creation of Bio-Based Education Centers to meet industry needs and boost the contribution of the bioeconomy to societal challenges" has as its main objective the creation of a holistic multilevel framework for the development and establishment of centers that promote education in the field of bioeconomy. In developing this general framework, the need for future centers to be flexible is considered to respond to the present and future needs of the bioeconomy as well as the needs of the ecosystem where they are inserted at the local, regional and / or national level. . The specific objectives of this new project are:
- Provide a comprehensive understanding of the needs and define criteria and conditions for bioeconomy training centers to create dynamic ecosystems.
- Define the most effective design and business models to develop and establish a center and its educational activities.
- Provide governance plans, learning programs and assessment of the viability of the centers.
- Provide a development strategy and a roadmap to coordinate the implementation of the centers at European and international level, fostering the exploitation of results and collaborations.
- Guarantee a motivated co-creation, the participation of interest groups, dissemination and communication.
The BioBEC project is aligned with the BBI roadmap with the aim of increasing cooperation between Bio-Industry and the educational system to avoid skills gaps in this sector. This new project gives continuity to the UrBIOfuture project, which was coordinated by EDO-UAB in the 2019-2020 period, whose objective was to identify the existing GAP between the competencies required in the bioeconomy sector and those that are 'offered in the educational institutions of vocational and university training.
The following institutions participate in BioBEC: Alma Mater Studiorum - Università di Bologna (Italy), Universitaet Hohenheim (Germany), Itä-Suomen yliopisto (Finland), Irish Bioeconomy Foundation (Ireland), Institute of Technology Tralee (Ireland), Foundation, Corporation Tecnológica de Andalucía (Spain), Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (Italy), Food & Bio Cluster Denmark (Denmark), Institut des sciences et industries du vivant et de l'environnement - AgroParisTech (France) Autonomous University of Barcelona (Spain),, Fundacja Edukacji and dialogue Społecznego Pro Civis (Poland), Sustainable Innovations Europe SL (Spain), Stichting IHE Delft Institute for water education (Holland), Wageningen University (Holland), FVA sas di Louis Ferrini & C (Italy), Universitaet Fuer Bodenkultu , Wien (Austria), Instytut badana Edukacyjnych (Poland), Trakiyski Universitet (Bulgaria) and Zemědělský výzkum, spol. Mr. or. (Czech Republic).