This study, subsidised by the CIDE, aims to propose a model so that the results of external reports (PISA, TIMS, Evaluation of basic competencies, etc.) are more useful in educational centres.
The research is organised in four very different parts plus bibliographical references and annexes:
- The first part presents the design and development of the study, highlighting that it extends to three autonomous communities and ten educational centres and the involvement of three universities.
- The second part revises some of the questions related to the changes in the educational centres, focusing on the nature of the educational changes, relational processes (climate and culture of the centre) and the role of the managers.
- The third part presents the results of the activities carried out in the centres, taking into account the conceptual model of the intervention experienced.
- The fourth part present the conclusions and future proposals.
- Finally the bibliographic references and annexe support the information contained in the previous parts and help to amplify them, where this is sought.
What this studio offers is of interest to professionals and scholars who want to get a better idea of the processes linked to educational change and the contributions that external assessments can have in this respect.
Funding: 12.000 €
Reference: Gairín, J; Armengol, C.; Lorenzo, M. and Martín, M. (2006): Processes of change in educational centres based on external assessment. Madrid: CIDE.
Joaquín Gairín (UAB, Coord.), Carme Armengol (UAB), Manuel Lorenzo (UGR) & Mario Martín Bris (UAH)